Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life lessons

As the time goes by this past year, I want to take a minute and review the lessons I have learned. Better to write them down them to forget them all together.

1) With parenting, the more I learn the more I realize that I don't know anything at all.

2) As soon as I get the hang of things, they change.

3) Being consistent with a few important things outweighs fighting every little battle.

4) When MY plans for my life change, instead of feeling angry or discouraged, treasure the things that stay the same.

5) I can't focus on what I don't have, (material possesions ) instead focus on the intangible things that I have. Things like relationships, experiences, and God.

6) Taste of home has the best recipes. Check them out online.

7) Don't let lack of money dictate if I go out or not. There are tons of things that I can do for free. Go out anyways, Erin.

8) Meal planning can really cut down my grocery bill. I just have to remember to do it.

9) The library borrows movies for free.

10) I don't really run out of time, I pick my priorities and focus on them. If it's important, I should make time for it

What have you learned?

1 comment:

Laura said...

thanks Erin...those things were all good reminders for me. Good for you for focusing on the positive and reflecting on what you've learned. And I totally agree with you on the Taste of Home recipes. Yummy.
love ya!