This past tuesday Oct 27th Daniel and I got sick with H1N1. At first we thought it was food poisoning (from my cooking), then we thought maybe the flu and finally when we went into the clinic it was diagnosed as H1N1 Virus. Alot of people are asking me what the symptoms were so I thought I would post them
H1N1 Symptoms
Almost always: Sudden onset of cough and fever.
Commun: Fatigue, Muscle Aches, sore thoat, headache, decreased appetite, runny nose.
Sometimes: Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea.
Severity Indicators : Shortness of Breath, Chest pain, blueish or grey skin color, bloody mucus or spit, dizziness or confussion, severe vomiting, high fever for more that 3 days, low blood pressure.
The doctor did only a symptom check for us to verify what it was. They are unable to do the throat swab test any longer because of the mass volume of people coming through with these symptoms and the time it takes to process it is about 1-8 days. So at the first day of my sickness I had 8 out of the ten symptoms, and adventually all of them except the only one of the severe indicators, dizzyness and confusion. Dan has 2-3 (the first day) of the symptoms and later had most of them as well. The doctor wrote a note for Daniel's work to stay home and told me to isolate myself in the house away from Daniel and Colby till November 9th. She wanted Daniel to take over as Colby's caregiver and for me to get bedrest. She told us to stay home for at least 10 days. Anyways, as the days went on, we got more sick and then better and then sick again. So we are mostly doing better now but still are sick with cold like symptoms. Muscle aches, runny nose, fatigue, headaches mostly right now.
So we are on Day 6 right now and Colby is now sick as well. I think he must have a bad headache, runny nose, fatigue, fussiness and was up for 2 hours last night crying. Meanwhile he is still cutting his 4th molar. So all in all he is not feeling well. Oh well, that makes my decision for the vaccine easier because he already got sick so no need.
It has been cool to see again just how great God is. He has worked out so many details with Daniel being sick at the same time as me, so we were able to tag team caring for each other and Colby, I don't know how I would have done it if he had to work. It's so nice to have him around. He's a good man. God also worked around Daniel's job that has no paid sick days and his employer has been super gracious and will just owe him the time so we can still have a pay check. It has also been a blessing from God the way that he has surrounded us with new friends in our town and old friends from surrounding areas that have been so generous with bringing meals and groceries and lending us DVDS to watch to fight cabin fever. Thanks everyone! It's been a blessing to see God provide for us and protect us from what could have been with this virus. Ours was a mild case.
Anyways, that is where we have been lately. Oh... and this is Colby's new hair cuts. One of my attempts to be productive while being sick backfired and we had a miscommunication with the razer guard lenght. Oh well, it's shorter than I intended but looks alright. He just looks older now.
5 comments:
I was going to say, he does look older in that picture! Hope you are all feeling better SOON. It's neat that you are able to see the blessings mixed in with the problems - God is always here, even in the small things! I don't look for those often enough!
okay so I'm laughing about the haircut but sad for you about being sick! (the hair looks great though!).
That's awesome to see how God has been gracious even through this sickness and that you're all doing somewhat okay. I hope you get feeling 100% very soon!!!!! And then you will hopefully be immune to h1n1!
talk to you soon, friend.
What have you found provides the best relief? I think Rowan has H1N1, but not totally positive. I'm just scared about the shortness of breath.
Finally found your blog! It took me a while...there are a few erin & daniel bloggers out there! Wow, does Colby ever look old with the new haircut?! Ha, ha! So cute! Great chatting with you today Erin...you're so good to call me, I love it! Hang in there with Colby's flu.....and definitely call me when you're ready for a date!
Hey Stacey
I am worried about the shortness of breath but I just kept an eye out for that in the day and then at night gave him ibuphron and cranked the baby monitor when he was sleeping at night. Then just trusted God that if something was wrong, He would give me a nudge.
I didn't have the shortness of breath and I had all the other symtoms, I think it's not too common.
Anyways. Hope he's doing better. Colby is still sick but at least not getting worse.
Post a Comment